Road Tech Paving, Arizona’s premier pavement maintenance company, wants to help local property owners keep their asphalt pavement safe and looking good, and one of the best ways to do that is with parking lot sealcoating.
What is Asphalt Sealcoating?
Asphalt sealers generally come in two types: an asphalt-based emulsion and a coal-tar emulsion. Both of these use liquified polymers and petroleum to create a product that will spread evenly over a paved surface, bind with the asphalt, and protect it against wear and weather. Often, sand is mixed with the emulsion to create traction on the cured surface.
Benefits of Parking Lot Sealcoating
Sealcoating your parking lot is a smart investment because it provides a host of benefits while also being cost effective.
- Protects Against UV Rays - One of the most important benefits of an asphalt sealcoat for Arizona is UV ray protection. Contractors can blend special polymers that will keep sunlight from breaking down pavement.
- Slows Water Penetration - Water can seriously damage pavement over time, and a sealcoat will keep water from penetrating the asphalt and causing deterioration.
- Restores Pavement Flexibility - One of the purposes of sealcoating is to replace important oils and chemicals into dry pavement, and this makes the asphalt able to flex instead of crack.
- Prevents Expensive Repairs - The above benefits combine to prevent common asphalt damage like cracking and potholes, so getting their parking lot sealed can save property owners lots of money by preventing repairs later on.
- Makes Cleaning & Maintenance Easier - A fresh surface can make ongoing parking lot maintenance easier by creating a strong surface that can withstand pavement cleaning and deicing.
- Beautifies Your Pavement - An obvious but also overlooked benefit of asphalt sealcoating is that it creates a beautiful new smooth, black surface that looks like brand new pavement. This can increase your commercial curb appeal and let customers know you’re investing in your business.